Occasionally, we get told what we “can’t do”. Here is a video that puts that into perspective. At Run Fit Running Club, not everyone is an experienced runner. Some join for weight loss, some join since running is one of the best forms of exercise and they need a little help and motivation to get started. Some join to collect race hardware (medals). We all have our reasons.
The following video was shared with me recently on Facebook. This is about a gulf war vet named, Arther Boorman, who overcame great odds to regain control in his life. I think his personal transformation is amazing. The key point is that someone believed in him when he didn’t. At Run Fit Running Club, we believe in you. We believe you will achieve great things and we want to help you!
I am often asked why I coach and volunteer my time when I do not get paid. I do it simply for two reasons:
- It makes me a better runner. I become a better runner because I have learned so much from my fellow club runners. I also believe that if you need to teach something, you really have to learn and study something.
- I enjoy watching runners (especially those achieving a goal for the first time) succeed. I love working the finish line at races and handing out medals if I am not running that race. I sometimes think I get more excited than many of my fellow runners.
Here is a video that taps into the believe that you can do anything you set out to do. While many of us will never have to overcome such great odds, many others do. We each have our our set of obstacles.
I think it would be really cool, to run with this guy sometime. I think he could teach us many, many things. Enjoy! Be inspired! And share that with others.
Latest posts by By Steve Carmichael (see all)
- 2014 Running Club Membership Enrollment For Columbus Ohio Area Runners Now Open! - October 6, 2013
- How Sport Massage Can Help Central Ohio Runners - December 10, 2012
- We Believe In You! Do You? Get Inspired With This Video - May 14, 2012